"I feel honored that I've been given this chance to show how competitive the U.S. is in cross country skiing beyond our amazing World Cup team."
6 Things You Didn't Know About Hailey Swirbul
- 1. Hailey posted her first World Cup podium, finishing third in a 10k freestyle in Davos, Switzerland on Dec. 13, 2020.
- 2. Hailey was a member of the 2017 Junior World Championship bronze-medal winning relay team.
- 3. She doesn't like stretching, and she can wiggle her eyes!
- 4. When she's not striding, her favorite technique, she can be found baking, oil painting, fly fishing, or studying.
- 5. Hailey participates with the Women Ski Coaches Association, which addresses the wage gap between male and female coaches. "Qualified women coaches contribute insanely important skills to a group, and they should be treated and considered for jobs equally to men."
- 6. Hailey began skiing with her brother as a way to stay fit for mountain biking through the winter. She fell in love with the sport and chose to pursue skiing instead of biking.
Three-time Junior World Championship medalist. • 18th, 2023 Planica, 30k classic • Silver, 2018, 5k classic • Bronze, 2018, skiathlon • Bronze, 2017, Team relay
3rd - First World Cup podium, Dec. 13, 2020, in Davos, Switzerland • Sixth, 10k Freestyle, Davos, SUI 2021 • 18th Classic Sprint, World Cup Stage Race, Ruka, Finland