"If you're in control, you're not going fast enough."
7 Things You Didn't Know About Aj Hurt
- 1. AJ is establishing herself as quite the multi-event skier, having scored points in four disciplines so far in 2020-21 (parallel, slalom, giant slalom, and downhill), and getting a bronze medal at World Juniors in Bansko, Bulgaria (SL, 2021).
- 2. AJ has been a skier her whole life. At only age four, she entered the Squaw Valley Ski Team and fell in love with the sport. "I liked the adrenaline rush of going fast, no other sport gave that rush. I loved free skiing and just spending time outdoors on the mountains."
- 3. As a first-year FIS racer in the 2016-17 season, she was the top junior for birth year 2000 in NorAm qualifying race points—not only in the speed disciplines but also the technical disciplines.
- 4. She has two national titles: one each in alpine combined and giant slalom (Sun Valley, Idaho, 2018).
- 5. She traveled with the C and D Team during the 2018 season, starting in her first World Cup in Killington on U.S. home soil as a 16-year-old, just shy of her 17th birthday.
- 6. "AJ" stands for Amelia Josephine
- 7. When AJ is not skiing, you can find her hanging out at the beach!
First World Cup Start - GS, Killington, Vt., Nov. 25, 2017 • First World Cup Points, 25th, Parallel, Lech Zuers, AUT, 2020 • 18th, GS, Courchevel, FRA, 2020 • 22nd, GS, Jasna, SVK, 2021 • 26th, SG, St. Anton, AUT, 2021 • 29th, SL, Flachau, AUT, 2021 • 30th, SG, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, GER, 2021
Junior World Championships
Teams: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 • 6 top-10 career finishes • Best finish: 2nd, TE, Val di Fassa, ITA, 2019