Ben Ritchie hails from the East Coast, learning to ski at Jay Peak Ski Club, and moving on to Green Mountain Valley School. Ritchie specializes in slalom, some of his top World Cup results include 20th place in the Garmisch, Germany slalom, and 23rd in the Schladming, Austria slalom. Some of Ricthie’s other top results include second place at the Team Event in the 2019 Junior World Championships along with teammates Katie Hensien, AJ Hurt, and River Radamus. He had his first NorAm slalom victory, which earned him his first World Cup start, at Wengen, Switzerland, in 2019.
Ritchie enjoys biking and basketball when he is not out skiing. He also spends time volunteering for Golden Huggs rescue, an organization in New England that finds homes for stray dogs. Ritchie finds inspiration from his parents and brother that help support him along his skiing journey.
"My favorite career memory, so far, is 2019 World Juniors."
7 Things You Didn't Know About Ben Ritchie
- 1. He was a part of the Junior World Championships team who grabbed second place at the Team Event in 2019 at Val di Fassa, ITA, along with teammates Katie Hensien, AJ Hurt, and River Radamus.
- 2. He had his first NorAm slalom victory, which earned him his first World Cup start - at Wengen, Switzerland - in 2019. His first World Cup points were at World Championships 2021.
- 3. Ben's top 3 athletic accomplishments so far are: 1) Winning World Jrs SL 2021 in Bansko, Bulgaria, 2) 13th at 2021 World Championships in Cortina, Italy, and 3) two 2nd places at World Juniors 2019
- 4. When he's not skiing, he likes to bike, play basketball, and play PS4.
- 5. Ben's favorite athletes are Kevin Durant and Kobe Bryant.
- 6. Outside of skiing, Ben volunteers for Golden Huggs Rescue, which is an organization in New England that finds homes for stray dogs.
- 7. Ben's parents do not come from a ski racing background, but "have done everything they can to support me along the way."