Lauren Macuga hails from Park City, Utah, where she was groomed into an already successful alpine career with Park City Ski & Snowboard. Macuga is the 2022 World Juniors bronze medalist. She spent her first full World Cup season on the speed tour in the 2022-23 season where she scored her first World Cup points in St. Moritz in downhill.
A fun fact about Macuga is that she has two siblings with ties to the team. Sam Macuga - a ski jumper and Alli Macuga - a mogul skier.
"'If you ain't first, you're last' as Ricky Bobby says. I was last in my first world cup but it was all about the experience!"
5 Things You Didn't Know About Lauren Macuga
- 1. Lauren loves listening to AJR and watching all of the Iron man movies with her family.
- 2. Lauren's first world cup start was in Lake Louise, Canada in 2021. A place where she has had tons of success over the years, including 5 top 5 NorAm finishes.
- 3. Lauren has a chinchilla named Cheech.
- 4. When she isn't skiing on the mountain, she likes to waterski and wakesurf.
- 5. Lauren has two siblings also on the team. Sam Macuga - a ski jumper and Alli Macuga - a mogul skier.