"My favorite memory is huddling in a circle with Katharine, Hannah, and Hailey at the finish line of the Junior World Championships relay in Utah, where we realized that our dream of winning a medal we had made two years ago at training camp just came true"
6 Things You Didn't Know About Julia Kern
- 1. Julia won her first-ever World Championships bronze medal in the team sprint with teammate Jessie Diggins in Planica, SLO at the 2023 Cross Country World Championships.
- 2. Julia enjoys anything outdoors, from climbing, hiking, surfing, mountain biking, swimming, beach volleyball or shooting hoops!
- 3. She is also involved with the Share Winter Foundation: "I think it is important to get as many kids out on skis to give it a try without the barriers of having to purchase all of the gear. Anything to get kids active outside and having fun is really awesome!"
- 4. Julia scored her first World Cup podium in Planica, Slovenia, on Dec. 12, 2019, outsprinting teammate Sophie Caldwell for third-place in a freestyle sprint.
- 5. Julia is also involved with Little Bellas, and Fast and Female, both of which provide opportunities for girls to be active and healthy, and become empowered through sport.
- 6. Julia has been cross country skiing since she could walk. "My family would all ski in Germany over Christmas and my grandparents would bribe me with gummy bears at every stopping point. "
Bronze, Team Sprint, Planica, SLO, 2023 • •5th, 4x5k relay, Seefeld, AUT, 2019 • U23 Freestyle Sprint Bronze Medalist
2nd, Team Sprint (w/Jessie Diggins), Dresden, GER, 2021 • 3rd, Freestyle Sprint, Planica, SLO, 2020 - First World Cup Podium