Professional, fun and knowledgeable coaches are U.S. Ski & Snowboard's greatest asset. The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Sport Education Department delivers high-quality education programs and resources for coaches of all levels in the United States.
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard coaches certification program is a tiered system with each level building on the previous.
- Level 100 program is designed for new coaches working primarily with younger, developing athletes
- Level 200 focuses on coaches working with athletes starting to compete at the national level
- Level 300 is for the Head Coach working with athletes competing at the highest levels of national events or beginning to compete internationally
OFFICE HOURS WILL RETURN OCTOBER 2023
Sport Education Office Hours: Need Help, Support, or just have a question? Visit Anna Hosmer and Sport Education Staff on Zoom during Sport Education office hours every week, twice a week! Open to all coaches across all sports and all coach developers.
Please join us every Wednesday in October for our four-part 2023 Club Excellence Fall Summit Webinar Series - 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM MDT
Each of these 4 sessions will provide content for coaches, administrators, parents, and volunteers to further their understanding of best principles and practices that are the foundation of a culture of continued improvement. Prior to each session, there will be an opportunity to consider your current level of knowledge; following each session you will ask and discuss questions and reflect on what you have learned. We hope you will join us for a great way to kickoff the 2023-24 winter season and we look forward to your engagement!
- Session 1 - October 4th – Dave McCann, U.S. Ski & Snowboard Sport Education Director – “Unlocking Potential: The Blueprint for Long-Term Athlete Development”
- Session 2 - October 11th – Moderated Panel Discussion – “Elevating Excellence: The Comprehensive Program Plan”
- Session 3 - October 18th – Bob Poehling, U.S. Ski & Snowboard High Performance Manager – “Striking the Right Balance: Achieving Peak Performance while Nurturing Long-Term Athlete Growth.”
- Session 4 - October 25th – Nadia Kyba BA, BSW, MSW, RSW, President, What Now Foundation – “Moving Your Team from Conflict to Cohesion”
- With Zoom as our platform, we are unable to accommodate group registration, please register individually.
- Attend all four sessions and complete the survey after each session to receive 8 continuing education credits to keep your coach certification current for two years.
- Each session will include a pre & post webinar workbook to guide you in the sessions, a 60 minute presentation, a Q&A discussion, and a survey.
- All sessions will be relevant topics to all our sports.
- Please note all four sessions will be recorded so if you are interested in registering for the sessions but cannot make the live dates, we will provide you the webinar recordings, all resources, and surveys and you will still qualify for continuing education credits. You will still need to pre-register and pay using the link above by October 3rd. We cannot accommodate registrations after October 3rd.
Please reach out with any additional questions and we hope you will join us this Fall!
Thank you to our Club Excellence Conference Title Sponsor –World Cup Supply
Information regarding Coach Certification, Sport Education Video Library and Club Job Postings are available at the More Information link above.