"My main goals for the 2021-22 season include making the U.S. Olympic team, and being competitive for top 15 finishes in World Cups."
6 Things You Didn't Know About Storm Klomhaus
- 1. Top three athletic accomplishments: 1) 2020 NCAA GS Champion, 2) second in the 2021 U.S. Alpine Championships giant slalom, and 3) third in the 2021 U.S. Alpine Championships super-G.
- 2. When she's not skiing, Storm is playing scrabble, working out, drawing, or playing video games. In the summer, she loves eating watermelon, hiking, and mountain biking.
- 3. Her top three notable life accomplishments off snow include graduating college with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Pre-Medicine, graduating cum laude, and graduating as the outstanding senior in Biochemistry.
- 4. Three things Storm wants the world to know about her: she has the tiniest pinky toes ever, she can't spell to save her life, and unicycling was her sport before ski racing.
- 5. She's passionate about social causes including racial discrimination and climate change. She'd love to be more involved with non-profits or charities having to do with these social causes.
- 6. Storm says, "My favorite memory as a competitor is at my NCAA Regional Championships as a senior in college at the University of Denver. As soon as I crossed the finish line, we (the seniors) were drenched in champagne and lifted onto the shoulders of our teammates for our final college race as a full team."