Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies
The MAAPP is a collection of proactive prevention and training policies for the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Movement. It has three primary components: an Education and Training Policy, Required Prevention Policies and Recommended Prevention Policies. The Center developed the MAAPP to assist National Governing Bodies, Paralympic Sport Organizations, Local Affiliated Organizations, the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee, and other individuals to whom these policies apply in meeting their obligations under federal law.
Sample consent language for MAAPP is provided below for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of waiving liability or providing legal advice. Clubs should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.
Additionally, U.S. Ski & Snowboard recommends that all parents and legal guardians of minor athletes watch the Parents Guide to Misconduct in Sport, provided at no cost, which can be found at https://www.athletesafety.org/, before providing consent.
Please report any violations of the MAAPP by reporting to the U.S. Center for SafeSport or U.S. Ski & Snowboard in the resource sections.
Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies (MAAPP)
- Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (MAAPP)
- RoadMAAPP (Youtube Video)
- Sample MAAPP Forms
- MAAPP One Pager Summaries
- One-on-One Guidelines One Pager
- Massage and Rubdown Athletic Training Modalities Guidelines One Pager
- Social Media Guidelines One Pager
- In-Program Contact One Pager
- Locker Rooms/Changing Area Guidelines One Pager
- Travel Guidelines One Pager
- Lodging One Pager
- Education and Training Guidelines One Pager